There is a Gentile warning for the saints in these latter days. Although the Gentiles include many different people, I am addressing the Gentiles within the church, who claim to have the truth, yet are disconnected to the words of Christ.
There is a separation underway at this very moment. And the tool of separation is the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon and the other commandments which the Lord has given us (D&C 84:57). If you are a Gentile descendent, the opportunity is being offered to repent and be numbered among the House of Israel, through the laying hold of the words of Christ. If you belong to the House of Israel, you must still identify yourself by how you take to the words of Christ.
Samuel the Lamanite prophesied against the future Nephites (the modern Gentiles), who scattered the Lamanites (the House of Israel). The Lamanites will have it rough at first, and be scattered, hunted, and smitten, …but the Lord promises mercy. Then the Lamanites will be brought to true knowledge. Observe how Samuel the Lamanite defines “true knowledge.”
12. Yea, I say unto you, that in the latter times the promises of the Lord have been extended to our brethren, the Lamanites; and notwithstanding the many afflictions which they shall have, and notwithstanding they shall be driven to and fro upon the face of the earth, and be hunted, and shall be smitten and scattered abroad, having no place for refuge, the Lord shall be merciful unto them.
13. And this is according to the prophecy, that they shall again be brought to the true knowledge, which is the knowledge of their Redeemer, and their great and true shepherd, and be numbered among his sheep.
True knowledge is defined here as “knowledge of their Redeemer.” This is also known as “the fulness of the priesthood.” It is also known as “life eternal.” The Lamanites who have been smitten and scattered, will hear the word of the Lord, and will naturally be activated to cleave unto the words of Christ. That is the prophesy of the House of Israel… Once they hear the words of Christ, it will be delicious unto them. It will only take a witness of Christ to speak the words of power unto them, and they will recognize it.
However, the modern Nephites (Also known as the Gentiles), will scatter the House of Israel, and restore the gospel of Christ, initially. But the prophesy states that they will grow in pride, and they will hold themselves up above all other nations. The Lord warns them, through Samuel, to repent and receive the words of Christ along with the House of Israel.
14. Therefore I say unto you, it shall be better for them (Lamanites) than for you (Nephites) except ye repent.
15. For behold, had the mighty works been shown unto them (Lamanites) which have been shown unto you (Nephites), yea, unto them (Lamanites) who have dwindled in unbelief because of the traditions of their fathers, ye can see of yourselves that they never would again have dwindled in unbelief.
16. Therefore, saith the Lord: I will not utterly destroy them (Lamanites), but I will cause that in the day of my wisdom they (Lamanites) shall return again unto me, saith the Lord.
17. And now behold, saith the Lord, concerning the people of the Nephites: If they will not repent, and observe to do my will, I will utterly destroy them, saith the Lord, because of their unbelief notwithstanding the many mighty works which I have done among them; and as surely as the Lord liveth shall these things be, saith the Lord.
Those within the church, who are not of the blood House of Israel, are the Gentiles who are potentially under the greatest of condemnations. Always, it was those who had the words of Christ, who rejected it or failed to lay hold upon it, who were destroyed, who were under the greatest condemnation. They were given a good gift, but did not receive it.
22. And then, O ye Gentiles, how can ye stand before the power of God, except ye shall repent and turn from your evil ways?
23. Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God? Know ye not that he hath all power, and at his great command the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll?
24. Therefore, repent ye, and humble yourselves before him, lest he shall come out in justice against you—lest a remnant of the seed of Jacob shall go forth among you as a lion, and tear you in pieces, and there is none to deliver.
This is the warning to the Gentiles, who have rejected the true knowledge, …who have rejected the fulness of the gospel, …who have rejected the covenant being offered in the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon and the other commandments, which he has given them. These Gentiles are warned that if they do not repent, …then one who is of the House of Israel will tear them to pieces as a lion.
Conclusion: Those with ears to hear, let him hear. The words of Christ is the tool of separation of the wheat from the tares. No one need judge you. You identify yourself, by whom you trust. Those who trust in God, seek to know Him by how they receive His words. When you get your moisture from the roots, you get it from the words of Christ, and your fruits will be sweet. Those who get their moisture from any other source are bound to produce bitter fruit, and will be cut off and burned (Jacob 5).
Those of the House of Israel have an opportunity to identify themselves by how they receive the words of Christ. They will become lions, who can both tread down and tear to pieces. Their power is the covenants made to their Fathers. They are who are empowered by the knowledge of the truth, even the knowledge of their Redeemer.
The Gentiles have a short time to repent, and lay hold upon the words of Christ. Their deadline is when the day of the Gentile has ended. The beginning of the day of the Gentile was when Christ was resurrected and sent the apostles to teach the Gentiles. The end of the day of the Gentile is very close in our future. The Lord will offer the fulness once again, …to come into His presence in the flesh, …but the Gentiles will reject it, as prophesied of in 3 Nephi 16. Then it will be the day of the House of Israel, and the House of Israel will receive the covenant, enter into the presence of the Lord in the flesh, and become a lion amongst the lambs, to tread down and tear to pieces those Gentiles who fail to repent.
Read and know His words. Hear His voice. Make yourself known to your Redeemer by what you trust in. You cannot have a home in Zion, and a summer cottage in Babylon. Make the necessary sacrifice to know Christ. Seek His face. Feast upon the words of Christ, for the words of Christ will tell you all things what you should do.