The earth is covered in a Veil of Darkness. As long as the veil of darkness is over the earth, only bitter fruit will be produced. But, the earth will be cleansed of this darkness as a reward for the earth’s obedience. And the few who are elected will be gathered out into ZION, and preserved through the cleansing of the earth. The gathering is now upon us.
Prior to the fall, the earth was initially in a garden state, the garden of Eden, a state of paradise, or in other words it had a “paradisiacal” glory. Ever since the fall, the work of God was to redeem the earth, and return it to it’s “paradisiacal” glory. These are six steps, or days of creation, necessary for the return:
10th Article of Faith
“10. We believe in the (1.) literal gathering of Israel and in the (2.) restoration of the Ten Tribes; that (3.) Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that (4.) Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that (5.) the earth will be renewed and (6.) receive its paradisiacal glory.”
Until it does, the earth suffers because Satan has sewn darkness here, making the hearts of men carnal, sensual, and devilish, …causing them to reek havoc on the earth, shedding blood, lusting, stealing, and coveting. In this condition of darkness, all are shut out from the presence of God.
“48. And he said unto them: Because that Adam fell, we are; and by his fall came death; and we are made partakers of misery and woe.
49. Behold Satan hath come among the children of men, and tempteth them to worship him; and men have become carnal, sensual, and devilish, and are shut out from the presence of God.“
As long as that veil of darkness is over the earth, destruction is the bitter fruit that the earth will produce. It is not sin that condemns man. Sin is only a byproduct of darkness. It is the darkness that condemns us. The veil that is over the earth is a Veil of Darkness. In our ignorance, we think that forgiving sin is a solution. Churches charge admission in honor, donations, tithes, and offerings, in exchange for forgiving sin. However, forgiving sin is easy, and ought to be free. Despite forgiveness, the problem will never go away until darkness is bombarded by light. All it does is leave a vacant lot, awaiting more and new sin to accumulate. Hawaii is plagued by people, filling vacant lots, disregarding any order, and spreading their darkness, without caring about their impact on those around them. Although it is easy to forgive them, what seems impossible is the ability to remove their Veil of Darkness by imparting knowledge, giving instruction, or giving them light. They will receive a hand-out, but will reject truth and light; therefore their Veil of Darkness remains. The degree in which we reject truth and light is the degree in which we are plagued, disregard order, and suffer destruction.
Men are disobedient, but the earth obeys all of it’s laws. Birds fly south before the winter by the laws of nature that govern it. Bears hibernate in obedience to the laws that govern it. They don’t justify that it’s not necessary to abide the law because this year is warmer than usual. They follow the order in which they were created. For this reason, the Veil of Darkness will be removed from the earth as a reward for it’s obedience. Likewise, we have been given an order by which we too can be blessed if we obey. As we gain more light, darkness is removed. Those who receive “the fullness” of light necessarily have their Veil of Darkness removed, and are brought back into the presence of the source of light (Christ), while yet alive on this earth, or in other words “while in the flesh.” They are the elect, the few who are chosen. They are Zion.
Just as the Veil of Darkness will be removed at the cleansing of the earth, and the earth given it’s paradisiacal glory, the elect who belong to Zion must have their Veil of Darkness removed through “righteousness” (revelation) and “truth” (scriptures), to be gathered out and survive the cleansing of the earth!
“61. And the day shall come that the earth shall rest, but before that day the heavens shall be darkened, and a veil of darkness shall cover the earth; and the heavens shall shake, and also the earth; and great tribulations shall be among the children of men, but my people will I preserve;
62. And righteousness will I send down out of heaven [revelations]; and truth will I send forth out of the earth [scriptures], to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth [revelations & scriptures] will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.”
Conclusion: Our flesh is made of the earth, and the earth is it’s mother. The earth rejects those within the Veil of Darkness because the blood of the innocent is shed upon her, and it cries for vengeance. Where there is malice, contentions, envying, strifes, lust, etc. …those are the sources generating wars and rumors of wars. It’s all an attack on man. And an attack on man is an attack on the earth, and the earth responds with earth quakes, hurricanes, tornados, floods, famines, and plagues. The only survivors of the earth’s final destructive cleansing are the righteous who belong to Zion.
The early saints failed to establish righteousness and Zion because:
1 Verily I say unto you, concerning your brethren who have been afflicted, and persecuted, and cast out from the land of their inheritance—
2. I, the Lord, have suffered the affliction to come upon them, wherewith they have been afflicted, in consequence of their transgressions;
3. Yet I will own them, and they shall be mine in that day when I shall come to make up my jewels.
4. Therefore, they must needs be chastened and tried, even as Abraham, who was commanded to offer up his only son.
5. For all those who will not endure chastening, but deny me, cannot be sanctified.
6. Behold, I say unto you, there were jarrings, and contentions, and envyings, and strifes, and lustful and covetous desires among them; therefore by these things they polluted their inheritances. [this will pollute all inheritances]
7. They were slow to hearken unto the voice of the Lord their God; therefore, the Lord their God is slow to hearken unto their prayers, to answer them in the day of their trouble.
8. In the day of their peace they esteemed lightly my counsel; but, in the day of their trouble, of necessity they feel after me.”
It is our transgressions that cause our sufferings (v2). You are the “JEWELS” Joseph Smith referred to that would be made (v3). You must be chastened and tried as Abraham was (v4), until you offer up a sacrifice that resembles the sacrifice of the only begotten Son (the prototype of all acceptable offerings- ALL THINGS).
How we deal with our jarrings, contentions and envying is an indicator that we are currently like the Gentiles who failed to establish Zion in Joseph Smith’s time. We cannot afford to fail. How we handled our most recent tremors, regarding the house, ought to be an indicator that we can endure the chastening, and can be sanctified. However, we cannot be slow to hearken to the voice of God or esteem God’s counsel lightly (v7). God will be quick to answer our prayers if we succeed.