What is ironic, this past Sunday I was cast-out of church, and the Sunday School lesson was called “Behold, My Joy Is Full,” and it covers 3 Nephi 17-19. In Chapter 18 it reads:
3 Nephi 18:21-34
“21. Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed.
22. And behold, ye shall meet together oft; and ye shall not forbid any man from coming unto you when ye shall meet together, but suffer them that they may come unto you and forbid them not;
23. But ye shall pray for them, and shall not cast them out; and if it so be that they come unto you oft ye shall pray for them unto the Father, in my name.
24. Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up [Christ, not the prophets]—that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed.
25. And ye see that I have commanded that none of you should go away, but rather have commanded that ye should come unto me, that ye might feel and see; [It’s what He wants, …but by choice] even so shall ye do unto the world; and whosoever breaketh this commandment suffereth himself to be led into temptation.
26. And now it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words, he turned his eyes again upon the disciples whom he had chosen, and said unto them:
27. Behold verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you another commandment, and then I must go unto my Father that I may fulfil other commandments which he hath given me.
28. And now behold, this is the commandment which I give unto you, that ye shall not suffer any one knowingly to partake of my flesh and blood unworthily, when ye shall minister it;
29. For whoso eateth and drinketh my flesh and blood unworthily eateth and drinketh damnation to his soul; therefore if ye know that a man is unworthy to eat and drink of my flesh and blood ye shall forbid him.
30. Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out from among you, but ye shall minister unto him and shall pray for him unto the Father, in my name; and if it so be that he repenteth and is baptized in my name, then shall ye receive him, and shall minister unto him of my flesh and blood.
31. But if he repent not he shall not be numbered among my people, that he may not destroy my people, for behold I know my sheep, and they are numbered.
32. Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out of your synagogues, or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them; and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them.
33. Therefore, keep these sayings which I have commanded you that ye come not under condemnation; for wo unto him whom the Father condemneth.
34. And I give you these commandments because of the disputations which have been among you. And blessed are ye if ye have no disputations among you.
I was cast-out, ironically, on the exact day that this scripture was being taught about casting people out. The Lord is funny that way. You can’t make that stuff up.