I recognize that Christ is in all things, including the plants, the animals, and in each person. The act of loving Christ positions us near to Him in proximity. The power of godliness is to know Christ, and when we know Him, all things testify of Him.
Christ is the creator of the world. He is in all things, and gives life to all things.
“6. He that ascended up on high, as also he descended below all things, in that he comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth;
7. Which truth shineth. This is the light of Christ. As also he is in the sun, and the light of the sun, and the power thereof by which it was made.
8. As also he is in the moon, and is the light of the moon, and the power thereof by which it was made;
9. As also the light of the stars, and the power thereof by which they were made;
10. And the earth also, and the power thereof, even the earth upon which you stand.
11. And the light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through him who enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings;
12. Which light proceedeth forth from the presence of God to fill the immensity of space—
13. The light which is in all things, which giveth life to all things, which is the law by which all things are governed, even the power of God who sitteth upon his throne, who is in the bosom of eternity, who is in the midst of all things.”
Christ is in the light of the sun, moon, stars. He is in the Earth and the very light that gives you life, enlightening you, and making your understanding “quickened,” or sanctified, or Holy. So that you are able to understand things, not only on Earth, but also into the world of glory, into the eternities. It is Christ’s light that is called the power of God.
The act of loving Christ positions us near to Him in proximity. The BOM message is to position yourself near Christ, such that every prophet’s account invites you to enter into Christ’s presence in the flesh, literally removing the distance between you and Him. The redemption of Christ was to return you to Christ’s presence.
“13. And when he had said these words, behold, the Lord showed himself unto him, and said: Because thou knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my presence; therefore I show myself unto you.“
The power of godliness is to know Christ, and when we know Him, all things testify of Him.
“22. Our father Lehi was driven out of Jerusalem because he testified of these things. Nephi also testified of these things, and also almost all of our fathers, even down to this time; yea, they have testified of the coming of Christ, and have looked forward, and have rejoiced in his day which is to come.
23. And behold, he is God, and he is with them, and he did manifest himself unto them, that they were redeemed by him; and they gave unto him glory, because of that which is to come.
24. And now, seeing ye know these things and cannot deny them except ye shall lie, therefore in this ye have sinned, for ye have rejected all these things, notwithstanding so many evidences which ye have received; yea, even ye have received all things, both things in heaven, and all things which are in the earth, as a witness that they are true.“
To Love Christ is to know Christ!
Conclusion: The two great commandments come in a specified “ORDER.” Love God with all your heart, mind and soul is the first. Those who love God, know God. Just as to Love Christ is to know Christ!
When we know God and Christ, only then can we keep the second commandment to love our neighbor. Since Christ is in all things, and through all things, and is the light and life that animates all things, …the reason we love our neighbor only after we love God is because …we see God in them! Those who haven’t loved God first, will find it difficult to see God in their neighbor, because they never knew God.
Satan rejects God. The destruction of the wicked killing the wicked is because the wicked have rejected God too. Accusations fly rampant, contention thrives, and the hearts of men run cold, because they have wandered in the dark, rejecting the light of this world. Rejecting Christ.
This shall all men know, ye are Christ’s disciples, if you have love, one to another. You can love others because you have first loved Christ. You can love Christ because He first loved you.
“18. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19. We love him, because he first loved us.
20. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21. And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.”